I guess this blog has become a monthly journal. C'est la vie.
February was an eventful, busy, awesome month.
We went to a Grizzlies hockey game with a group of friends.
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, I'm not even big on hockey, but we had a hilariously good time. Who knew.
I've never particularly liked Valentines Day. I've always felt like it's a very insincere day to be celebrating, of all things, your love for someone. And year after year, we agree to not get each other gifts. And this year I followed our rule, except of course (of course!) Garrett sent me flowers and chocolates at work. Then I got home and he gave me two more gifts, one of which was probably the best gift ever--three hours of professional house cleaning! Anyone who knows how OCD I am about having a clean house, will understand how exciting this is for me. It's like handing me a voucher for three hours of time and getting a clean house. Yes!
Needless to say I felt pretty inadequate after he gave me all these things and took me to dinner, and I handed him a single envelope with a piece of paper in it. I wrote him a love letter. I think (hope) he liked it. I love that man. He spoils me rotten.
I went on a few trips in February, one of which was to visit Teenie in New York City. Whitney, Jess, and I spent about a week there as her moral support team. Didn't get very many pictures, but we ate a lot of good food, met new friends, and had lots of time to catch up and talk. Despite Teenie's surgery, we were able to get out and go to the 911 Memorial, The Met, and Ellis Island. We also had a lot of treats, well I did. Everyday. I miss seeing Teenie on a regular basis, she is so far away, but I would like to get out there again to visit when she's feeling better. <3
Right before I left on a work trip earlier in the month, I found some open sores on Charlie's back. I feared the worst, and I was terrified what it might be. We already spent a small fortune on his surgery last winter, but right before I left to NYC I noticed another one and they were getting worse. I took him to the vet (he knew he hated that place before the vet even came in to see him and hid under the chair). She said that it was most likely an allergic reaction (I recently switched his food) or just a skin ailment, much like a human gets a rash. She gave him a steroid and an antibiotic shot (it made him woozy, he was falling asleep on the table a few seconds after they gave it to him) and now, a few weeks later they are all cleared up! He had to wear a cone for a minute to stop from biting and licking the spots, but he would always manage to get it off and I never got a picture. Smart cat.
Oh yeah, AND Charlie weighs almost 14 pounds!!!




