
A low-key dinner with friends, followed by a low-key hang out, makes a fancy New Year's Eve in my book. I guess I'm getting old, but I was exhausted by midnight.Crew stayed awake the whole night and was so good (Lord help me have a child like that one day...).
It's always fun to see friends who live far away (or across town) during the holidays, everyone is always so busy during the year. I should resolve to see more friends, more often. Ok, I will.
New Year's Day was great, and oh so relaxing. Each year Garrett's family has seafood on New Year's Day. This is a newer tradition to me, but I like it. This year most of Gar's family was traveling over the holiday so we made a seafood fest, just the two of us.
We had lobster, shrimp, and crab. Instead of a regular ol' baked potato, we tried a sweet potato... I don't know what happened but the one I ate (kinda) didn't turn out so great. I love sweet potatoes, so we'll try again. Maybe next year.
