Words of Wisdom From a Fish and My Mom

Lately, I've had to remind myself that the world won't end if things aren't perfect. I'm a perfectionist, so you can imagine that my world tends to be on the verge of collapsing on a daily basis. A couple of times a day I've been repeating to myself "just keep swimming." I don't know why, it just popped into my head one day when I was super stressed.

To give you a glimpse of what I'm talking about: I anticipate what I have to do when I get home from work --an hour after I get TO work. There are not enough hours in the day. I don't know how people work, go to school, take care of others, clean the house, cook, read good books, make crafts, do laundry, write, surf the web, read blogs and magazines, go to the gym in the morning, get 7 hours of sleep, etc., etc., all on a regular basis. OK, these are things that I wish I could do on a regular basis. Actually, who am I kidding? I try to do these things, but I don't have time. Ever. And it's annoying.

 But it's kind of like my mom used to say to me in high school when I'd get annoyed and/or frustrated with things that I had to do but didn't want to: "Sometimes you just have to do things that you don't want to do. So just get them done."
So simple, so true. I hate coming home from work and doing homework for a few hours until bedtime. I hate that I have to read about statistics, when I could be reading a novel. And I really hate that I spend hours writing papers when I could be writing something that actually appeals to me. I've been extra stressed with school and work lately, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my last term, and I am almost done with my coursework. I have approximately FIVE tests/papers left and you better well believe that I will be shouting from rooftops when I am done. (I also plan to buy myself something pretty.)

But I have been blessed.This was my rant. Thank you for reading.
Now here is a picture of my cat and my Christmas tree, both of which I have many stories about, but I have no time to tell.

Leave a Reply

Contributors