| First flower beds I've ever planted, and in our front yard! |
I'm not kidding when I say that we will probably always have a major project going on at our house. We bought an older house with the intent to fix it up, but man, is it going slowly. The plan was to do a huge overhaul on the first floor when we moved in two years ago (check!), the next year fix the back yard (un-check), and then the next year finish the basement (un-check). We should have fixed the back yard this year, but it hardly looks like we touched it. We have, however, fixed the front yard, which is probably more important anyway. It feels like there are not enough days to do the work we can, and not enough money to do the work we want.
This summer we (and by we, I mean Garrett) had three goals: the path on the side of the house, a gate, and gutters. We mostly accomplished those; path (check!), gate (check!), gutters (half-check). We only put gutters in the front, but that is where we need them most, so I count it as a win.
| It was a big ditch for a whole year before this. |
| Path on the side of the house, before. |
The after ... Garrett worked really hard, and it looks profesh. Best of all, we have a gate now! Good work, Gar!
| Yay for gutters! Never thought I'd be so grateful for gutters. |
I may go back to being MIA on this here blog... I start my new (and final!) term on Tuesday. Bleh.