365 Days Later

Five years ago today, I got together with a boy. 
One year ago today, I married that boy.
He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

We've had quite the first year of marriage, and in many ways I know it's just going to get better. He's a million things that I had always hoped for in a husband; loving, respectful, romantic, forgiving, funny, fun, easy-going, patient, hard-working, smart, intuitive, passionate, and positive. So many people say that their husbands are the best ever, but I really feel like mine is. He treats me like a queen, loves me unconditionally, is patient when I'm not, works so hard and makes good decisions for the both of us, does things without me asking, and is the most forgiving person I've ever met... it is no understatement when I say, he is the best thing that ever happened to me.


To celebrate, we spent the weekend in Park City. He planned a little get-away for us which included a "Romance Package". I laughed so hard (and didn't believe him) when he told me that's what it was really called.  Did I mention he sent me flowers and chocolate on Friday at work? He is romantic, so I guess the Romance Package fit.We ate a lot and relaxed, two of my favorite things.

We went to Olympic Park and rode both zip lines and the alpine slide. We had a lot of fun and it was a gorgeous day. Then he took me shopping. He hates shopping. I figure he must love me a lot :) When we got home we were super lazy for the rest of the day and made dinner together. We thawed our frozen, left over wedding cake. Garrett said it was like eating a bag of sugar. It was a super-sweet, German chocolate wedding cake. Not as bad as I thought it would be after a year. I thought I might try and re-freeze it to save for another year, but figured there was not point since I didn't want to eat it. Alas, I will miss the big box sitting in the freezer - no longer newly weds.

 

I love you, Garrett. I am one lucky girl.


Leave a Reply

Contributors