Toppenish is a funny word.

I went to Oregon and Washington over Memorial Day weekend. It was cold and similar to Utah weather: wet and miserable. We visited Crater Lake which was absolutely beautiful, even though there was more snow than I had seen all winter, stopped at my grandma's house in Toppenish, Washington, and then drove the rest of the way home with Gar. It's so nice to have him home.
Those sticks in the ground on the side of the road help the snow removal peeps find the road after it snows.

Left side of Crater Lake...

... right side of Crater Lake. So beautiful. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the continental U.S. and is five miles across!

This was taken on May 29th. There was SO MUCH snow, and it was still snowing when we arrived. I got a lot of strange looks as I had no winter coat and flats on-- like I knew to bring my parka in May!

Toppenish, Washington. City of Historic Murals.

Toppenish is known more for its fruit canneries. But this is a field of nothing. And I happen to think is pretty.

Aunt Linda and Grandma and I. They hadn't seen me since I was a baby.

Leave a Reply

Contributors