August 14, 2010

I got married. At snowbird. It was beautiful and pretty much everything I ever wanted. Small, simple, and less than 3 hours long. I was a no-fuss, no-nonsense, no-drama, type of bride. I could have cared less about some of the traditions that most people worry about. For example,Garrett and I had every intention of not seeing each other until I walked down the aisle, so he spent the night at his mom's house and I stayed at ours. By 11 am the next morning he was back at the house, oh well. We were able to relax a bit together before heading up. It was nice.
It was seriously such a relaxing day. Teenie brought me lunch and we ate it on my kitchen counter after my hair and make-up appointment. We moseyed on up and when we got there nothing was really set up. I figured the Snowbird people had it under control (they did) and I owe pretty much the rest of set-up (meaning the seating, pictures, escort cards and flowers) to Racheal, Teenie, and my sister. They just took over and made sure everything was in place, which is kind of funny because I never really gave specific instructions, I just said, "put this here and that there and make it look nice." I didn't want to be stressed and I wasn't. I figured that if something went wrong, there was nothing I could really do at that point and that it would probably make things memorable any way.
We had a beautiful little ceremony --short and sweet, with moose wandering up the mountain in the background. Family pictures were a bit stressful, but once guests arrived everything went by so quickly. I don't have much to say except I loved it all. I really was so content and I loved having everyone I love so much there with me. Seriously, it was magical. My only regret: not trying all the food that we had. Boo.
In the elevator, about to walk down the aisle.


The weather was absolutely perfect.

The Cattens
The Navejars
The Wedding Partiers




Joshua Payne Orchestra a.k.a. Bad Ass Orchestra Trio




Maybe if I ever feel ambitious enough  I'll post our honeymoon pictures. Maybe.

We stayed the night at Snowbird, so we didn't have a traditional send-off, which was great. I payed for my dress and I was going to wear that damn dress as long as I possibly could. Garrett had our room filled with strawberries and champagne and we stayed up for about two hours after it was all over just talking about the day.
It was so nice to not have to worry about leaving completely and making sure things got picked up. I was able to help clean-up and in the morning we walked around the empty terrace and found wilted flower petals, paper straws, escort cards, and other little pieces of evidence that we were married there the day before.
For the record, we were going to take more pictures... not to our room.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    We share the same regret about your wedding day! I wanted to eat more food (and especially more dessert) but I was too big and pregnant to fit anymore in my stomach. I love your pictures. I don't know why mine are a bit.......scary but they are stunning. I loved that day. It was so pretty and you looked stunning. I loved the deep greens in contrast with all the colors on you/wedding party/decor. What a happy time. Kevin, who normally doesn't mention anything, kept telling me how much he liked the food and the music and atmosphere. That says a lot. Im really glad I could be there to celebrate with you guys. Congratulations again!

Leave a Reply

Contributors