I can not believe October is almost over. So much has happened in the last few weeks that it is hard to believe that this is my life. Garrett and I are in the process of purchasing our first home and it has been quite a wild ride, but an exciting one nonetheless. Our realtor, Megan Herrick, has been awesome and we are so glad that there are honest, hard-working people out there to help us make such a huge and time-consuming decision. We have not closed on the property yet, so unfortunately it is still a waiting game with all the inspections and paperwork. All I can say is that the house is in Holladay and I will post pictures as soon as we actually buy it.
I am still actively looking for a job and I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. It may just take a while to get there. I am bummed out, however, about November coming and me still being professionally unemployed.
This past week has also been emotional for me as one of our close family friends' son passed away. I grew up with this kid, and though a few years younger, I was deeply saddened by his very untimely passing.
I have been taking life very seriously this week and all I can think about is that I don't know if I would ever be able to make it through a situation like that. You raise a child for almost 19 years and so quickly he is gone. The thought is painful and unbearable. No mother should ever have to bury their child.
My lamentations this week have a caused me to think deeply about my own life and how blessed I am for every facet of it. I am so damn luck to live this life and be surrounded with people that love me.
You will be greatly missed...
Chris Erick Despain
Oct 28, 1990 - Oct 21, 2009
this is awful. i am so sorry for your family friends loss.
holladay is such a great area. good luck on closing.
we just found an apartment last week. we're moved in and everything. it feels so nice.