Big Fat Mexican Wedding

I came back last week from Veracruz, Mexico. While there, I attended my first Catholic/Mexican wedding, visited family I'd never met, and spent a good amount of time relaxing. The first leg of the trip I was with my mom, that was the wedding part. Garrett came later, that was the relaxing part of the trip. The whole thing was great, we got to do everything that I had planned and wanted to do, plus more.
First the wedding:
Me, Enrique, Claudia and Mom, just after the ceremony.

As part of the reception there was some bride and groom hazing performed by friends and family members... I know, wtf? My thoughts exactly.








Then a short while later, it turned into a rave-esque party, complete with balloons and glow sticks, just as everyone was getting tipsy. I also made a slew of high school buddies. My new friends were all pretty wild, in fact they were the life of the party.


Even mom danced, and she hadn't had a single drink all night.


I had a great time and the wedding party finally ended around 1 am. I went out with Claudia's daughter, Rebecca, and her high school friends. All of whom were adorable, and so drunk. For some reason they all had a hard time believing that I was 23 and graduated from college.

More pics soon...

2 Responses so far.

  1. Great pics. Is that girl to the very right Claudia's daughter, Becky?

  2. Silvia says:

    No, she's in a turquoise dress, really short.

Leave a Reply

Contributors