So we have all seen this going around the internet--write 25 things about yourself and then post it and tag some other people to do the same.
No thanks.
I wasn't about to have all of these personal items about myself all over the place, especially since I just graduated and have yet to find a professional job. Not to mention, these lists are getting a bit out of hand in the Facebook realm. But then a few nights ago, I started thinking about all of my quirky habits and opinions and I realized the list exceeded 25. Also, I'm bored and I'm not planning to get a job until the end of July, so until then...
1. I hate a messy house and dirty things. I am nuts about cleaning and my place is always "show-ready". I fear the day I have children when all of that will disappear and I will live in filth. Sigh.
2. I love vacuuming. It's almost as good as running early in the morning. I can take my mind off things and think clearly and I don't have to pay attention to anything else that is going on around me, especially because I can pretend that I can't hear anything.
3. My biggest fear in life is that my (future) children will hate me for one reason or another.
5. I've always wanted to co-host "The View"--minus that irritating blond woman.
6. I always wished that I had learned how to play a musical instrument, especially the piano.
7. I don't mind being alone in the sense that I value the time I have to myself.
8. I don't think that Ronald Regan was that great of a president...
9. While I don't buy a lot of gossip magazines, I'm amused by celebrity gossip. Except when it's about Lindsay Lohan.
10. I was this close to going to culinary school. I dropped out the day before classes started.
11. I still like to cook when I can. I like having to focus on something so hard with a final product that might or might not suck.
12. I am only going to say this because it REALLY bothers me: I was absolutely shocked and disgusted knowing that so much money was spent on Prop. 8. That money could have funded several hundred food banks or shelters for a whole year, among many other things. Shame on ALL of us.
14. I miss Arrested Development terribly. OH COME ON!
16. When I was 16 I burned a CD of random songs. While driving home from school one day I decided it sucked and put it in someone's mailbox. I always wonder who got it and if they ever listened to it and thought it sucked too.
17. I believe music is one of the most powerful things that man can create.
18. I think being a good or bad neighbor says a lot about a person. To the neighbor across the hall: When someone says 'hello', you usually say hi back.
19. In the 5 years I have been out of high school I've had 8 different jobs in 4 different states. Once I was someone's personal assistant. It was like a movie; I picked up dry cleaning, watered house plants, payed bills and took the dog to day care. Seriously though.
20. I wish I could sing really well.
21. I love candy way too much. Since I was a child I have been instantaneously drawn to it, it doesn't matter what kind it is. I probably would have been the child that was lured into a stranger's car with candy.
23. When I buy anything man-made I wonder if it was made by a child outside of the U.S. This seriously weighs on my conscience every single time. Wal-mart is the worst place for me.
24. People often think I am very serious, arrogant, pissed off or bored just by the look on my face. Probably 99% of the time (ok, like 75%) this is not the case, it's just the way I look. I have made an effort to smile more since I have repeatedly been told this.
25.Every time I see a homeless person it's hard for me not to give them money and/or ignore them, even if I know the money will be spent on something like booze.
27. I miss dancing so much, sometimes I have to stop thinking about it to keep from crying.
28. Once someone told me I would probably end up in hell, which is fine with me. I figure if you can learn to be happy anywhere on earth, you can learn to be happy in hell. Why would you say that to a complete stranger anyway?
29. I love walking around barefoot. I can blame this on my inner hippie. Even if the ground is dirty, I don't really care--I like it.
30. I can't stand Anne Coulter. Enough said.
31. I wish my life was more interesting so that Ira Glass would hang out with me and interview me for his show. However, I would never want to be a celebrity of any sort. Well, maybe for a day or something.
32. I hate when people slam the weights and grunt while lifting at the gym. It makes me want tell them to lift something more appropriate for their strength level. And punch them.
33. I have extreme, vivid and sometimes violent dreams almost every single night. I can usually remember at least one when I wake up in the morning. I wish I knew what this meant.
35. I've talked myself out of two speeding tickets. One involved crying and the other involved refusing to sign the ticket... and crying.
36. I've kept a journal since the age of nine.
37. To my knowledge, no one has ever read anything from any of them. I plan to keep it that way.
38. My earliest memory is from when I was about 2 years old. Fishing with my dad and sister. I remember thinking the whole thing was silly. Who puts worms on a string with a hook to pull fish out of water?
39. About six months ago I stopped caring about what other people think of me. It's been great ever since.
yes! i loved this list. i am right there with you on most of them. except i don't know who anne coulter is. sue me, i hate the news/politics.