I had a few requests to put my Obama Rally/Campaign post on this site, so I decided to just merge the two blogs. Welcome to the new Hour After...

I had the amazing opportunity to campaign for Senator Obama during the Pennsylvania Primaries. A co-worker of mine had a friend that was in charge of Montgomery County and asked if we wanted to go up for the weekend before that Tuesday. While my co-worker could not go, I invited my roomie instead. Me and Nicole decided we were really going to go only 4 hours before we actually left DC! We got a ride with Jacob, a consultant here in DC, and a complete stranger to us. Luckily, he was awesome and we all became friends instantly.
We got to PA around 10pm and went to a volunteer meeting for the rally the next morning. The meeting was lame but me and Nicole had fun sitting in the back cracking jokes anyway.
We stayed with a host family for campaigners, I dont recall their last name, but they were great. Gail and her husband were pretty much hippies. They lived in a suburb of
Phila, which was gorgeous and quiet, complete with their own green house and huge garden. They rode their bikes everywhere and sat down with us and offered us drinks when we arrived, even though it was midnight! They were very down to earth and Gail's husband made us German pancakes and french pressed coffee in the morning, it was delicious. We were very grateful for their hospitality after our long days of campaigning.