Obama-Rama Part II

Continued:
The main rally we were volunteering for was a train tour the Senator was doing that morning, stopping four times throughout Mont. Co. He was expected to arrive around 11, we got there at 8 and had to wait to be cleared by security. While we were in line with all of the other volunteers, Chris Matthews walked up and waited with us through security. I was extrememly surprised by his willingness to talk and snap pictures with everyone. Nicole asked if she could have a picture of the two of them high-fiving. Of course, he did it. Later, we sat by him in the press box while he read the paper and had his coffee, very pleasant man.
There were more than enough volunteers but being the agressive and assertive ladies that we are, we got to work with the press for the event (I refused to direct people to the stage or hand out materials...boring.)
We got in trouble a few times from other bossy people telling us what to do, so Nicole and I went behind the press box risers and hid with the media folks for almost two hours! But seriously, we really did hide from everyone , we figured there were a plethora of volunteers and we were just in the way. We chatted it up with several photographers and reporters, and talked about the housing market. It was pretty random, but it was the one time I was glad that I was being lazy.
I am convinced this is the same truck that Anderson Cooper did all of his investigations and rescues from during Hurricane Katrina. I heart A.C. (he's my hero) and made Nicole take my picture next to it.

One Response so far.

  1. I'm so glad he was a nice guy after all! I would totally take the high five picture. That's rad.

Leave a Reply

Contributors