37*57'35"S 57*34'47"W

Pablo Cabado’s series titled “37*57'35"S 57*34'47"W” captures images of an Argentinean amusement park that has been obliterated of its delightfulness and documents the gloomy reality that has sunk deep into the cold earth under the abandoned roller coasters and empty fair grounds.

Turned into a pig farm and slaughter establishment, the individuals in the photos seem serious almost sullen, but proud. The pigs heads that the men hold with the carnival rides in the back make the whole thing seem like an episode out of the “Twilight Zone”. They are eerie, but I like them. They are shot well and interesting and I wish he would provide more of them. This is a photojournalist’s dream, makes you wonder who these people really are.

I love the monster on the wall in the picture above, he owns the place. The blue sky is impeccably perfect for the setting and I love the thought of pigs running freely around an amusement park.

Leave a Reply

Contributors