I had the opportunity to go to the Presidential Inauguration in Washington, D.C. I went with several friends and had an amazing time.To sum up my experience in a few short sentences, we waited a long time for this, literally. Overcrowded lines and freezing temperatures took up the whole morning, the night events were not much better. Aside from the cold, people were aggressive and crabby (myself included), we all wanted to be front row to witness this day. I have only one thing to say about how I felt about the whole event, the thing I think I will remember most (besides the benediction, wtf!). Even though there were crowds and pushing, everyone was elated with a sense of relief when the president was finally sworn in. It was amazing to see that so many people believe in this one individual to change so much. Everyone there was able to get past the lack of organization of the event and the negativity floated away quickly when we all realized that we were so privileged to live in a country where we are able to elect the person of our choosing. Not only that, we were all there that day and only so many people can say that. We were also fortunate enough to be able to score tickets for the Western Inaugural Ball at the Convention Center. We danced the night away (well, at least I did) to a sweet cover band and Marc Anthony. We waited again in a large crowd for the Obamas and the Bidens to make an official appearance and dance. It was worth the wait, as I had a much better view than earlier that day. The day ran very smoothly, better than I would have ever imagined.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hey cutie. I just got your message on my blog. I'm so excited you have one too. Good times.
    That's hilarious you made a cupcake that was nearly identical to one of the cookies i made. I've never baked sugar cookies from scratch and it turned out to be a lot of fun...well, the decorating part. Wait until you see what I do for St. Patty's day. Good times.

Leave a Reply

Contributors